This simple yet tasty Beach Gazpacho recipe is a perfect way to greet the rising temperatures on both coasts.
Beach Gazpacho is a beach day staple here in Maine, and can be paired nicely with a chilled dry white (Rocky Gully Dry Riesling) or bubbly.
This recipe is also makes for zesty soup shooters. It can impress as an easy appetizer for any group gathering. Make a batch in advance and fill shot glasses or champagne flutes with this no fuss gazpacho and add a splash of ice cold vodka, top with a raw oyster, clam or a poached shrimp or scallop.
|Meal type||Cucumber, Tomatoes|
- 8-10 Organic peeled tomatoes, or 16 oz canned (Muir Glen)
- 1 Sweet onion
- 1 large or 2 small, organic cucumber
- peeled or not juice of one lemon
- 1/4 cup red wine splash of olive oil
- 1 lg or 2 smcloves of garlic salt pepper
|4||Topped with poached shrimp and/or poached scallops (buy already cooked or poach for 3 minutes in a bit of white wine and lemon) garnish with cilantro or parsley|